If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Served on street corners all over Thailand, tod mun pla are a fragrant more-ish dish that are really delicious. Made with white fish and served with nam jim kai (sweet chilli sauce) you will be addicted to them in no time.
This recipe is taken from my website; http://www.thaifood-recipes.com/thai-fish-cakes/ - thaifoodie
- 7 ounces white fish
- 1/3 cup beans (preferably snake beans); sliced
- 2 spring onions; sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 egg
- 1 kaffir lime leaf; finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves and stems; finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- oil for frying
- Finely chop the fish into a mince and place in a bowl.
- Add chopped snake beans and shallots plus finely diced chilli, kaffir lime leaf and coriander to the fish mixture.
- Stir the cornflour through the mix and mix well.
- Whisk the egg and fish sauce together and lightly mix through the fish mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat approximately 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. When smoking, add about 1 Tbsp on the fish mixture carefully to the oil. Cook for one minute and flip. Cook til brown and remove from oil, draining on paper towel. .
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce. .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls