If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this recipe years ago and have added to it. —SLD
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 15 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for one hour or until tender. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Combine the butter and taco seasoning. Brush over both sides of potato skins. Place skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with the cheese, bacon, black olives and onions.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).