If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is based on one of my favorite Ina Garten cookies. I was diagnosed with Dietary Fructose Intolerance and have had to learn how to adapt recipes to be fructose free and since wheat is high in fructose I am also adapting to gluten free. —Amy Zimmerman
Makes 24 cookies
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used Namaste All Purpose Gluten Free)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 DFI friendly jam (I used a cranberry jam I found and an apricot one for my other half)
- In a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and extract until creamy. In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients. Once the butter mixture is creamy add in the dry mix slowly until blended. Dump the mixture onto some plastic wrap and create a big ball. Put in the fridge for about 45 minutes to chill and firm up.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take the dough out of the roll into small balls. Put the balls on a cookie sheet and press in the center with your thumb. Spoon the jam into the thumb print.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Once done cool on a cooling rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.