Author Notes: Inspired by Kitchen Butterfly's mango slaw, which is lovely, I decided to test out a favorite combination of mine, the mango with an heirloom tomato. This is a simple easy salad to make, which you can adjust to your preferences. It can be a great addition to a picnic. - Sagegreen
Makes just over a cup
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tbl. snipped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh coriander leaves
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper, to taste
- Combine the diced mango, tomato and onions in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the fine salt on these and let sit for a few minutes.
- Bruise the basil and coriander leaves with a muddler or spoon. Toss these in with the salad.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad. Drizzle a little olive oil on top if you like. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and coarse salt. Serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish