If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Kitchen Butterfly's mango slaw, which is lovely, I decided to test out a favorite combination of mine, the mango with an heirloom tomato. This is a simple easy salad to make, which you can adjust to your preferences. It can be a great addition to a picnic. - Sagegreen
Makes just over a cup
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tbl. snipped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh coriander leaves
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper, to taste
- Combine the diced mango, tomato and onions in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle the fine salt on these and let sit for a few minutes.
- Bruise the basil and coriander leaves with a muddler or spoon. Toss these in with the salad.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad. Drizzle a little olive oil on top if you like. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper and coarse salt. Serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mangoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.