If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made this for the first time after feeling a bit like pudding myself after a long week of exams. Adapted from Terry Walters version from CLEAN FOOD, this is yummy for breakfast with a handful of berries and cashews.
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 10 ounces extra firm organic tofu
- 1 cup almond (or rice) milk
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- nuts and raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350’
- Before you actually start to assemble the pudding, give yourself about hour to cook 1 ¼ cup brown rice in 2 ½ cups water ( based on package instructions).
- When the rice is cooked and still warm, combine with chopped tofu and non-dairy milk in a food processor. Slowly add brown rice syrup, dates, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract and bean seeds until pureed. Oil a 9 x 12 pan and pour in mixture. Lightly dust with cinnamon and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy while it’s still warm, sprinkling some raw walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and even a little cold almond milk atop to send it home. ** Two days later… heated this up this morning with blackberries and almond milk, oh my. Protein perfect breakfas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!