Author Notes: Made this for the first time after feeling a bit like pudding myself after a long week of exams. Adapted from Terry Walters version from CLEAN FOOD, this is yummy for breakfast with a handful of berries and cashews.
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice
- 10 ounces extra firm organic tofu
- 1 cup almond (or rice) milk
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- nuts and raw sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350’
- Before you actually start to assemble the pudding, give yourself about hour to cook 1 ¼ cup brown rice in 2 ½ cups water ( based on package instructions).
- When the rice is cooked and still warm, combine with chopped tofu and non-dairy milk in a food processor. Slowly add brown rice syrup, dates, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla extract and bean seeds until pureed. Oil a 9 x 12 pan and pour in mixture. Lightly dust with cinnamon and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Enjoy while it’s still warm, sprinkling some raw walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and even a little cold almond milk atop to send it home. ** Two days later… heated this up this morning with blackberries and almond milk, oh my. Protein perfect breakfas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good