If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since my family's favorite brownie recipe (handed down from Aunt Celia, who hailed from Kentucky) contains so little flour I thought it would translate well to a gluten-free version. It did! - wssmom
Makes 9 good-sized brownies
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 5 ounces white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir the cocoa into the butter until melted and smooth.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl, then add the eggs and stir until moist. Stir in the melted cocoa and add the bourbon (first sampling the bourbon to make sure it is of excellent quality), and finally, stir in the white chocolate chunks.
- Scrape the batter into a well-greased 8 x 8 glass baking pan. Place in the oven on the middle rack (along with a cast-iron skillet half-filled with water on the lower rack if you can) and bake 25-28 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Putting some muscle behind it, cut into nine lovely squares and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
White and Grey Ceramic Vase
For fresh blooms.