If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The spicing for this salad is solely provided by a unique spice blend called Chaat masala (chaat: to lick). The components of the spice blend include, Dry Ginger, Aamchoor, black pepper, Black Salt, bishopsweed, cumin, amongst others. Indians either hate this blend or are absolutely crazy about it. those who love it sprinkle it on just about anything, from watermelon to cucumber salad while those who hate it... their loss!
Its worth buying a commercially packaged brand such as MDH or Everest. (the getting the proportions right can be tricky when making in small quantities),
The potato salad presented here does not involve mayonnaise. Instead it relies on the Masala coating to pair with the unsalted boiled potatoes and the tart pomegranate berries to provide a unique lip smacking experience. - Panfusine
- 2 large idaho potatoes, boiled & cubed
- 1 kirby cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 heaped tablespoons chaat masala
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- shaved strips of ripe mango
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- sprigs of mint for garnishing
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pomegranate arils & mango, in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt & chaat masala levels to your personal preference
- Garnish with pomegranate and mango. Top with a sprig of fresh mint. Serve cold
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish