If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is great for clearing out your pantry and can easily be taken outside. It goes with everything (great as a bed for grilled fish or chicken) and if you have them, glossy black Beluga lentils would be wonderful here. - cookingafterfive - nicolecooks
Food52 Review: Just when you thought that nothing could beat roasted cauliflowers, comes this "sunshiney" picnic salad from cookingafterfive. What do I rave about?
A. The crunchy earthy roasted florets.
B. The elegant sweet/sour citrusy dressing.
C. The extremely satisfying mouthfeel of the lentils and cous cous.
D. The bold morsels of feta & specks of parsley
My pick: E. All of the above.
I halved the recipe for practical purposes and fully intended to sit and enjoy it out on the lawn for lunch. It unfortunately barely made it out of the kitchen.
Note: The ingredients calls for 1 large garlic clove minced, but there are no instructions for its use in the method. Rather than second guess where it should be used, I chose to omit it all together.
- Panfusine - Panfusine
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup couscous
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil (for dressing), plus some to toss with the cauliflower
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- feta cheese, for sprinkling
- Toss cauliflower with some extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper until well coated. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized.
- While the cauliflower roasts, make the lentils. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add lentils. Boil until cooked through, about 30 minutes. (Check the package instructions and test as you go; cooking times will vary.) Drain any remaining water and place in a large bowl.
- In the same pot, bring couscous and 1 cup water to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add to bowl, along with the cauliflower and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and a drizzle of honey. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Taste for seasonings. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve warm sprinkled with feta.