Author Notes: We loved the combination of brussel sprouts and pancetta from Babbo... so we set off to make our own version. As someone who hadn't had a brussel sprout in her life until after age 25, this has come to be one of my all-time favorite side dishes! - NYCNomNom
- 6 pieces Thick cut, maple bacon
- 3 cups Brussel Sprouts (2 pint containers)- Trimmed and Halved
- 3 tablespoons Good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 dash Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pan, cook bacon over medium heat until desired doneness (extra crispy recommended). Remove bacon from pan and set aside while maintaining the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add brussel sprouts to pan with bacon grease and cook over medium/high heat until browned.
- Place brussel sprouts in a pan or oven dish (meat loaf pans are perfect) and add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss brussel sprouts with bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts