If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love any sandwich on a croissant - chicken salad, roast beef, egg salad - but especially shrimp salad. I like to put it on mini croissants and serve as an appetizer or just on a large one for a great summer lunch. When thinking of this contest and possible temperature issues, I always fear the mayo combined with the protein thing. I'm not sure this solves it, but the white bean mayo is sure a great substitute for regular. I'm envisioning mixing it with horseradish for roast beef or with garlic for an aioli. - inpatskitchen
Makes 3 or 4 sandwiches, depending on how much you pile on
For the white bean mayo
- 1 cup cooked, rinsed and drained white beans (Northern or Cannellini)
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil (or a little more if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Puree the beans, lemon juice, mustard, salt and agave nectar in a mini processor until smooth. Add the oil and process until you get a mayo-like consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the sandwich
- 2 cups chopped, cooked peeled and deveined shrimp (I used a one pound bag of 36-40 count shell on Key West Pinks)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 3/4 cup white bean mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 croissants, split
- Combine all ingredients except the croissants. Divide the salad among the croissants. Try to keep as cool as possible before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish