If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to find a good sweet potato salad after watching "America's Next Great Restaurant." I wanted a healthy alternative to traditional potato salad and also something that would hold up in the summer sun. I found this recipe on Epicurious and tweaked it a bit, steaming the potatoes, rather than bowling them, increasing the amount of lime juice, cumin and adding a yellow bell pepper and a bit of crushed red pepper for a little more kick. - rldougherty - rldougherty
Food52 Review: This warm weather salad is a "keeper" for certain. I had never thought to make a salad with sweet potatoes but this really works. The chili-lime vinaigrette is a perfect match for the sweetness of the potatoes. I used only red bell pepper (sorry) but still enjoyed the amazing colors of this lovely salad. I will make this again - thumbs up! - Lizthechef
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 scallions, green & white parts, chopped
Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Steam cubed sweet potatoes for 9-12 minutes. Make sure to periodically check the potatoes to make sure they are not getting mushy. Once done, run the potatoes under cool water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mix well and taste adding more lime juice as necessary, add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are cool, mix with the scallions, red pepper, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over until coated to your liking. The salad should be refrigerated if made in advace, but can be served at room temperature.
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Mortar and pestle perfection.