If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is another one of my favorite snacks. I eat it with tortilla chips or celery sticks. If you eat wheat, you can use pita bread. I've used my old recipe, which includes garlic, even though I no longer eat garlic. So you can do it either way. —Zahirah
- 4 Eggplants/Aubergine
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Liquid smoke
- Prick eggplants with fork and bake on a cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Remove from oven. Once they’ve cooled off, peel (this is easy to do with your hands).
- hop up the pulp, compost the skin, and blend the eggplant with lemon juice until smooth. Add water if needed to keep the blender running. Gradually add the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil (I got a little carried away as you can see in the photo), and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.