Author Notes: Poblanos and potatoes are a marriage made in heaven. - shearpamela
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes, cooked and chopped
- 2 Poblanos, charred, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, stemmed and chopped
- 3/4 cups Crema Mexicana, Creme Fraiche or Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Cumin Seed, ground
- 1 Onion, diced (or 1 cup chopped green onions)
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and add salted water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Put the chiles over a gas flame or underneath the broiler and cook until they are blackened on all sides. Enclose them in a plastic bag and let stand for 10 minutes to steam, which will make them easier to peel. Peel, stem, and seed the chiles. Set aside.
- Toast cumin seed in a dry skillet stirring often until fragrant, then grind to a powder.
- Combine cream, onion, spices, lime juice and cilantro and stir until well combined. Fold into potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste
- Note: Fresh Corn can be added to this salad to take it over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish