If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I look at these pictures and think of this dressing I want to go make it right away. Whether you use the dressing on tomatoes and avocado or just a green salad I don't care. Make the dressing.
It's got that buttermilk tang and then the freshness of the cilantro. It's quite simple to whip up and something I need to make much more of this summer. Great assembled like this for a dinner or if you're having a barbecue simply place the tomatoes and avocado and onion on a platter and drizzle the dressing over it all for people to take family style.
Recipe adapted from and thanks to Cooking Light. - goodspoon
Buttermilk Cilantro Dressing
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
Heirloom and Avocado Salad
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 1-3 pinch good salt, fleur de sel works well
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- To prepare the dressing you can pulse is all in the food processor or just mix in a bowl really well. I went the bowl route this time for less cleanup and it all worked just fine. Cover and chill the dressing until you're ready to enjoy it.
- To assemble the salad place a tomato slice on a plate and salt it. Top with onion then avocado. Add another tomato slice, onion, avo and repeat. Drizzle the dressing over top and indulge!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish