Author Notes: This salad combines some of my favorite tastes and looks pretty with the green, white and red (or yellow or orange, depending upon your tomatoes). It's a quick one to make and easy to take on a picnic, too. - BlueKaleRoad
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 7 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 pint cherry or baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli florets lightly and run under cold water to cool. You want to soften them a bit but make sure they still have some crunch.
- Combine broccoli, feta, tomatoes and hazelnuts in a serving bowl.
- Whisk or shake the oils, vinegar, garlic, agave nectar, mustard, salt and pepper until emulsified.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve. If taking on a picnic, bring dressing in a little jar and toss before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish