Author Notes: Simple weeknight meal when you are in the mood for some Mediterranean flavors. - There'sAlwaysPie
- 8 ounces pasta - seashells, farfelle, penne, etc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 pint roasted cherry tomatoes - recipe belo
- 6 ounces feta cheese with Mediterranean herbs
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 dashes sea salt
- Cook pasta according to directions - but make sure it is a bit al dente.
- Toss tomatoes, olive oil and salt together and roast in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Stir the tomatoes a couple times during roasting. When done take out and set aside.
- Heat a large sautee pan with olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot add chicken and garlic and lightly brown.
- Add chicken stock to sautee pan and scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add spinach to chicken and cover. Let cook until spinach has wilted.
- Toss tomatoes and almost all of the feta cheese in with the chicken and stir.
- Toss pasta in, stir and let cook a bit to finish cooking pasta and allow sauce to thicken - about 5 minutes or so.
- Serve with remaining feta sprinkled on top.