If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I picnic, I generally stay pretty simple: a french baguette, some delicious cheese, maybe some tomatoes, maybe some sausage or pate. Something simple for dessert. I made these wonderful dates once and brought them to the park, and now I can't picnic without them. They are absolutely perfect warm or at room temperature. Seriously, the best appetizer ever. —Meatballs&Milkshakes
Food52 Review: With just four ingredients CRS's stuffed dates are sure to be a hit at your next get-together. They'll be a hit with you because they are easy to prep and you can make them ahead. Keep them covered in the refrigerator, and pull them out when you preheat your oven. The tangy goat cheese contrasts beautifully with the sweet dates. The herbaceous basil and rich prosciutto add just the perfect savory notes so it's hard to eat just one. These flavor bombs are sure to be a hit with your guests too. You will not regret serving them at your next cocktail party—unless you don't make enough! —hardlikearmour
- 8 Medjool dates
- 2 ounces goat cheese, preferably Bucheron or Cana de Cabra
- 8 Basil leaves
- 4 strips Serrano ham or Prosciutto, cut in half
- Cut a slit lengthwise in the dates to remove the pit and stuff with goat cheese. Make sure to close them as much as possible.
- Wrap a basil leaf around the stuffed date and wrap a half strip of prosciutto around that.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes, just until the fat on the prosciutto starts to render and brown and the cheese melts.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.