Author Notes: A drink with jam and bread.....that will bring us back to do-oh-oh-oh.
The joys and songs of Sound of Music. And the memory it triggers in me - days of soft white bread, slathered with butter and topped with the finest strawberry jam ever. I've had to hold myself back from having this everyday for lunch. - Kitchen Butterfly
Makes your choice
- Slices of soft, white sandwich bread
- Finest (cold) salted butter
- Top notch strawberry jam
- Take a few slices of bread and butter each one. Spread the strawberry jam over the butter, on each slice.
- Sit back and eat individually, not sandwiched (doubles the pleasure)
- Sing in your head
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw