If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was a life long hater of brussel sprouts...they were always drenched in oil, butter or even (ugh) chicken fat. I found it hard to believe that these little gas bombs were suppose to be good for you! Then one day I decided to make them according to my rules. Quik...a minimum of ingredients and a sparkle to the flavor. - dymnyno
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped to the green part about an inch.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 strips maple smoked bacon cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 lemon
- grated parmesan cheese
- Using a mandaline or sharp knife hold the brussel sprout by the root end and grate it.
- Slice the green onions into little rounds up about 1 inch of green
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the brussel sprouts and onions and cook , swirling them around and flipping them for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon bits which have been cooked very crisp and drained on a paper towl to the brussel sprouts and onions.
- Squeeze lemon juice on the mixture. Flip (or use a spatula) once. and slide onto a serving plate.
- Dust a little grated parmesan on the mixture. (Just a little...we want this dish to be light!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts