Author Notes: I was a life long hater of brussel sprouts...they were always drenched in oil, butter or even (ugh) chicken fat. I found it hard to believe that these little gas bombs were suppose to be good for you! Then one day I decided to make them according to my rules. Quik...a minimum of ingredients and a sparkle to the flavor. - dymnyno
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped to the green part about an inch.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 strips maple smoked bacon cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 lemon
- grated parmesan cheese
- Using a mandaline or sharp knife hold the brussel sprout by the root end and grate it.
- Slice the green onions into little rounds up about 1 inch of green
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the brussel sprouts and onions and cook , swirling them around and flipping them for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon bits which have been cooked very crisp and drained on a paper towl to the brussel sprouts and onions.
- Squeeze lemon juice on the mixture. Flip (or use a spatula) once. and slide onto a serving plate.
- Dust a little grated parmesan on the mixture. (Just a little...we want this dish to be light!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts