Author Notes: This Dish in the Raw is one of the signature dishes at Jacob Kenedy's exciting Bocca di Lupo in London's Soho and not to be missed. - olinsloan
Serves 4 as a starter
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/4 lemon or 2 more teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch breakfast radishes (about 8)
- 1/2 black radish, or 2 inches (5 cm) green mooli or mooli
- 1.75-2 ounces (50-60 grams) celeriac, peeled
- 1.75 ounces (50 grams) Pecorino Romano cheese
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (1/4 pomegranate)
- Leaves from a few springs of flat-leaf parsley
- Make a dressing with the oils, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the vegetables just before you serve. Wash the radishes and shave thinly, using a mandolin if possible. Use a potato peeler to shave the celeriac and pecorino. Toss the vegetables in a bowl with the pomegranate seeds and parsley, and dress lightly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw