Author Notes: I love, love, love coleslaw. I love it with just about anything, with my barbeque, alone, in a pulled pork sandwich, and especially with my grilled shrimp or fish tacos. One evening I had a craving for grilled shrimp tacos so I whipped some up. I knew I had to have a slaw to go with it and I was looking for a change to my ordinary cabbage slaw. So, I created a "cabbage-less" slaw using shredded zucchini and carrots. The flavors are absolutely amazing, zesty lime, a hint of sweetness from the sugar, and a tangy bite from the Greek yogurt. Not to mention, this slaw is light and healthy! MANGIA!!! - misschels
- 1.5 cups zucchini squash, roughly grated on a box grater
- 1.5 cups carrot, roughly grated on a box grater
- 6 ounces container non-fat Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 2 tablespoons light mayo
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine using a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Place the slaw in the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least one hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw