Author Notes: Kale is an amazingly healthy superfood! And has a bad reputation of being bitter. This salad is super easy and unbelievably delicious, yet healthy!! The massaging does great things for kale, allowing for a much more pleasant bite - but also leaves the cell structure/health benefits pure!
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, shredded in 1/4inch pieces & massaged
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- big splashes olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1.5 teaspoons agave
- salt, to taste
- pepper to taste
- red chilis, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons tamarind sauce (or soy sauce)
- Massage Kale and add carrot and raisins
- Whisk dressing vigerously
- Pour dressing on Kale mixture, stir well for extra 'massaging'!
- Let sit in fridge for about an hour
- Toss again & add toasted walnuts
- Plate & add long strips of parmesan cheese - easily done with vegetable peeler.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw