If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had a ripe mango that needed to be eaten. Melding this with ginger and some other tropical ingredients I processed this as an ice in my blender. Later I made a milkshake with half using almond milk and loved it that way. - Sagegreen
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and chopped, to desired sweetness
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice with 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 teaspoon bourbon, optional
- 5 ice cubes
- lemon verbena, basil leaves, or borage flowers, optional garnish
- Macademia or pistachio nuts for optional crunchy topping
- 2 cups chilled unsweetened almond milk, optional
- Add the diced mango, chopped dates, grated ginger, lime zest and juice, optional bourbon and ice cubes to a food processor or ice cream maker. Process with the snow button or pulse until pureed.
- Pour into 1 or 2 glass dishes and garnish with basil and edible flowers, as in one photo, for a version like frozen soup if you use the processor. Or you can also freeze for later, then either shave or process as snow, as shown with the lemon verbena garnish. Top with nuts if you like.
- For the milkshake option combine the finished ice with the almond milk and process like a smoothie. Garnish with verbena if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.