If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coleslaw is one of those summer dishes that is always invited to the barbecue. Usually made out of cabbage and mayonaise it is just as unfriendly to the waistline as the ribs and pulled pork are. Plus, who likes cabbage anyways? This recipe reduces the cabbage to the supporting cast in favor of letting the crunchy jicama and sweet apples star. Tossed in a healthy yogurt and jalepeno dressing, it's a little bit more interesting than your traditional slaw, and you'll still look great in your bikini. - stirfrei
For the Salad
- 1 jicama, peeled and fine julienned
- 1 Granny Smith apple, fine julienned
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 green cabbage head, shredded
For the Dressing
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix prepped jicama, apples, cilantro, and cabbage together.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together. Toss with jicama apple mixture. Serve immediately. This recipe is best eaten the day of.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw