If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The combination of spices with the rice, peppers and beans is something totally out of my comfort zone and so different from how I normally cook. I was so suprised by how much I love this recipe and I love the vibrant bright colors! - TheGirlyGirlCooks
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin, divided
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 15 ounces can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced Roasted Red Pepper from jar
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- Stir 3 tsp of Cumin in a small dry saucepan over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the lime juice and canola oil. Set the cumin dressing aside.
- Stir the turmeric and remaining 1 tsp cumin in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of rice and 1 tsp of salt; bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool rice. Once the rice has cooled, mix in the green onions and half of the cumin dressing into the rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the black beans, roasted red peppers, green peppers, cilantro, chipotle chiles and remaining cumin dressing. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with warm corn tortillas.
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.