If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These days, in my office, we are all watermelon addicts. Two or three times a week, one or the other of us lugs in a giant, sweet, wonderful watermelon and we spend the day carving it up and dribbling watermelon juice on our desks and leaving pink smears on the copy. The other day I brought home from the market a gigantic seedless watermelon that was too heavy to tote to work in my backpack on my bike (no, I haven't gotten the basket yet, drat!) so I left half at home. There are a lot of watermelon gazpacho recipes out there, some call for tomatoes to go with the watermelon and others add jalapenos; this is what we did with it. - wssmom
- About 5-6 cups of seedless watermelon, about one cup of which is cut into 1/2 inch dice, the rest in chunks
- 1 seedless cucumber, half in chunks, half in 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small head Boston lettuce, trimmed
- 2 stalks celery, de-stringed, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 yellow or red or orange pepper, or a mixture, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- Juice of one lime
- 6-7 mint leaves, torn
- Mint sprigs or Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Whirl the chunked watermelon, half the seedless cucumber, and the lettuce in a blender until thoroughly pureed.
- Stir the pureed watermelon and the remaining ingredients together in an large bowl, chill for a couple of hours, and serve ice-cold with a mint sprig or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.