If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a recipe in Bon Appetit, I switched out the cilantro oil for basil because my family prefers it and cut back the garlic but feel free to use the herb of you choice . A bowl of golden sunshine which quite simply beams "Summer ". —foodfanatic
- 13/4 pound yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced English cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive olive )
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Slice 1/4 cup of the tomatoes into quarters and set aside with 1/4 cup of diced cucumber and bell pepper .
- Combine the remaing ingredients except the avocado in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, transfer the soup to a bowl , add reserved vegetables and chill overnight .
- Divide soup among 6 bowls and drizzle with basil oil . Sprinkle with avocado .
- 2 cups Fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- Process the basil and oil in a food processor . Add water by the tablespoon , if needed, to thin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.