Author Notes: Adapted from a recipe in Bon Appetit, I switched out the cilantro oil for basil because my family prefers it and cut back the garlic but feel free to use the herb of you choice . A bowl of golden sunshine which quite simply beams "Summer ". - foodfanatic
- 13/4 pounds yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced English cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive olive )
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Slice 1/4 cup of the tomatoes into quarters and set aside with 1/4 cup of diced cucumber and bell pepper .
- Combine the remaing ingredients except the avocado in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, transfer the soup to a bowl , add reserved vegetables and chill overnight .
- Divide soup among 6 bowls and drizzle with basil oil . Sprinkle with avocado .
- 2 cups Fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cups Olive oil
- Process the basil and oil in a food processor . Add water by the tablespoon , if needed, to thin.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw