If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by dymnyno's recipe for summer squash pasta and tweaked from various raw recipes for tomato sauce. Nothing terribly new under the sun, but pretty darn good. - wssmom
- 2 zucchini, sliced into pasta-like ribbons using a mandolin or other implement
- 2 really ripe tomatoes, chunked
- 1/2 red pepper, chunked
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) soaked in warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- small handful fresh oregano leaves, torn
- a little salt
- basil chiffonade, for garnish
- In a food processor (not a blender or you'll wind up with pink foam) process together the tomatoes, pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil and oregano until nice and chunky
- Stir into the zucchini ribbons, taste and add salt as needed.
- Garnish with basil as desired
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw