If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making frittata for a quick weeknight dinner. It's insanely easy and super comforting. My grandmother used to make them for my brother and I as snacks in the afternoon, using whatever leftover cheese or meats or veggies we had lying around. It truly is a dish that tastes delicious a million different ways. This is one of my favorite combinations. The zucchini are soft and sweet and the feta is salty and tangy - the yogurt sauce makes it just substantial enough to be considered a light meal. —bitterhoney
- 3 baby zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch disks
- 1/4 large onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces feta or chevre, crumbled
- 1/2 cup greek style yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Saute the zucchini and the onion in olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat until they just start to color.
- While the zucchini and onion are cooking, beat the eggs in a large bowl with salt and pepper to taste so the white and the yolk are mixed but not quite uniform.
- When the vegetables are ready, pour the eggs into the pan, lifting the sides as they set to allow the uncooked eggs to run underneath.
- At this point turn on your broiler.
- Sprinkle the parsley and feta on top of the frittata.
- When the bottom just starts to brown, move the frittata underneath the broiler and keep a close eye on it.
- When the top of the frittata looks golden brown, remove from the oven.
- Mix the yogurt with lemon zest, chives and remaining parsley.
- Serve the frittata at room temperature with some of the yogurt spooned on top or on the side.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.