If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This drink is inspired by the colors in an art work bearing this name which features the red renealmial ginger amidst other exotic flowers and berries....as well as by Mario Batali introducing Mirto on the Jimmy Fallon show recently with a gin drink. Had to first find the Sardinian myrtle berry liqueur and then experiment with raspberry and a little ginger. - Sagegreen
Raspberry ginger vodka
- 2 ounces fresh raspberries
- pinch of cane sugar
- 6 ounces vodka
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Squish the raspberries in a glass container; sprinkle in the sugar. Stir in the ginger; pour in the vodka. Cover and refrigerate at least overnight. Strain the vodka for the drink(s). You can also make more and let this sit longer if you love it. This amount is enough to make about 4 or 6 drinks in all, depending upon how much you use.
- 1 1/2 ounces Raspberry ginger vodka
- 1 oz ounces Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce Mirto, highly recommended, but optional
- 2 fresh raspberries, rolled in cane sugar and squished
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh clementine juice
- crushed ice
- herb such as lemon verbena or pineapple sage leaf for garnish
- optional saucer with some cane sugar, a lime wedge and raspberry
- In a shaker combine the vodka, Cointreau, Mirto, raspberries, and juices. Shake vigorously until the container becomes very cold (about a minute or so). If you do not have Mirto, you can try this drink then with 1.5 oz. of the vodka and 1 oz of Cointreau. I am happy to report this is really nice, a photo just uploaded to show.
- Run a raspberry and a lime wedge around the rim of a well-chilled cocktail glass if you like and lightly roll in some organic cane sugar. Add some crushed ice to the glass. Pour the drink over the ice, with the crushed raspberries if you like. Garnish with an herbal leaf. You may have enough for a drink and a half, if you use a lot of crushed ice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.