If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a lovely workday dinner recipe. The couscous cooks itself and the cauliflower roasts while you get the kids ready for bed. All the component parts can be made separately in shifts and assembled just prior to eating. You can substitute any roastable vegetable, nut, and cheese for a variety of flavors. - MZG
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 cauliflower, broken or cut into small florets
- 1 handful slivered almonds
- 4-6 sage leaves
- grated parmesan
- Toss cauliflower florets and sage leaves with olive oil and salt to lightly coat.
- Place cauliflower and sage into roasting pan and roast at 375 for 25-30 minutes, until browned.
- Toast almonds until lightly browned.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous, remove saucepan from heat, and cover for 12-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Place cooked couscous in serving dish and toss with a dash or two of a fine nut oil.
- Toss browned and slightly cooled cauliflower with couscous in serving dish. Crumble cooked sage pieces into the mix.
- Mix in toasted almonds and add parmesan to taste.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.