Author Notes: My basil and cilantro are about to go to the bees… - checker
- 1 handful fresh basil, whatever variety is about to bolt in your garden
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, the part that hasn’t bolted yet
- several shaves of jaggery, or the equivelant of evaporated cane sugar
- 2 parts tequila, your choice
- 1 part Triple Sec
- juice of ½-1 lime, or to taste
- Rip up the basil and cilantro leaves as you put them in a cocktail shaker. Add the jaggery and lime juice and muddle a bit.
- Add the ice, tequila, and triple sec and give it a good, long shake.
- Strain over ice and garnish with basil or cilantro leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail