If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we were in Ohio last weekend, my uncle made us some amazing healthy pancakes. Inspired by this, I made up these hearty pancakes, filled with more black raspberries, ground flax seed, walnuts and whole wheat flour. This may be my favorite pancake recipe yet. - SavvyJulie
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup black raspberries (may substitute small red raspberries)
- Chop the walnuts into a coarse meal.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, flax seed, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the vanilla, canola oil and milk, stirring until completely mixed together.
- Fold in the raspberries and walnuts.
- Preheat a greased skillet or griddle over medium heat. When a drop of water sizzles when it is flicked onto the skillet, you are ready to make some pancakes.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto the skillet and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. When the edges are set, flip the pancake and cook for another minute or two until both sides of the pancake are browned. Remove to a plate to partially cool, and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve topped with syrup or preserves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries