If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best new recipes or adaptations always seem to come from a deplete store cupboard. I had no cherries-as the recipe in the Mangia cookbook recommended, but I did have organic dried figs and white chocolate. The result disappeared in half a day- Figs and white chocolate are good friends indeed. - CarinaTruyts
Makes about 60
- 12.4 ounces cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- pinches salt
- 10 ounces butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup cups light brown sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 extra large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups dried soft figs, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. A fan oven is best here, but if you use conventional, then keep an eye out and rotate the baking sheets.
- Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and salt.
- In a free- standing mixer (or with you Pop-Eye style right arm) cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the egg and egg yolk and beat until blended. Add in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, by the large spoonful. Lastly fold in the figs and white chocolate.
- Using a spoon to measure, roll small balls out and place on cookie sheets on baking parchment or silicone mats. Squash the balls down a bit with your palm, or flatten with a fork (although they won't look like in the picture, then). You will need at least 3 or 4 cookie sheets, so you might have to rotate them in the oven.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Get ready to swat away all the nibblers that are bound to have followed their noses into the kitchen by now.
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey