Author Notes: I was making basil-mint lemonade for my kids last week and had lots of left-over basil-mint simple syrup. That evening, this basil-mint mojito was born. I don't think I'll ever go back. - efood
- 1 shot Basil-Mint Simple Syrup (see below)
- 1 shot White Rum
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Fizzy water
- 1 sprig Mint
- 1 lime slice
- Fill a tall glass with cracked ice.
- Add the basil-mint simple syrup, white rum, and lime juice.
- Fill the glass with fizzy water and garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.
- If you like it even more basil-minty you could add a few basil and mint leaves at the very beginning and muddle them, so you have a dirty basil-mint mojito.
Basil-Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cups Fresh mint (packed)
- 3/4 cups Fresh sweet basil (packed)
- Roughly chop the basil and mint.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Strain and discard the solids. (Actually, before doing so, taste the basil and mint. Delicious.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail