Author Notes: Tzatziki is most often served as an accompaniment to meat dishes, something I have never understood. To me it is the perfect summer salad – cool and refreshing and very healthy. I slice the cucumber into larger pieces and use non-fat yoghurt to make it substantial but light. It is a balm on a hot day. - checker
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon, or to taste
- approximately 1 cup plain non-fat yoghurt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended. I find it is best to add them a little bit at a time until I get a flavor I like, keeping in mind that it will intensify as it sits.