Author Notes: Happy Bastille Day! - Lizthechef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced (white and pale green portions)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 medium-sized baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock, or low-sodium, organic chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- sea salt and/or ground white pepper
- fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the chopped leeks and onions. Cook over medium heat until limp but not browned.
- Add the diced potatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot and cook soup until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Add the flour and milk/cream. Using a whisk, stir to break up the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Using either an immersion or standing blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add the salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Chill soup for a minimum of 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Stir and serve cold with a garnish of chopped chives.