If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite spots for a quick bite in Paris is a chain called Exki, which has an amazing selection of fresh, healthy, natural, delicious vegetarian dishes. I was so impressed by one dish — mahina — that I snapped a picture of the ingredients and made it as soon as I got back home. Mahina is a crunchy salad that combines green cabbage, coconut, and apple, along with a few seasonings. At first glance, it doesn’t look like much, but it is delicious – crisp, complex, tart, and just a little sweet. The version I had at Exki was a little monochromatic, but using a red apple with its skin on instead of a green or peeled one fixes that, as does adding some bigger pieces of cilantro. - bottomupfood
- 4 cups green cabbage, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 crisp appled, cored and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like canola
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the last four ingredients together into a dressing.
- Add the dressing, mix well, and enjoy.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.