If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my dad's recipe. It goes back as long as I can remember. It goes great alongside rice pilaf, polenta, greens, in a sandwich, you name it. It wears many hats. - funklight —funklight
Food52 Review: This is a super-tender marinated grilled flank steak loaded with Asian aroma and flavors; soy, ginger, garlic, a hint of sesame oil. In fact, all the ingredients added a distinct layer of flavor that made this so delicious. I am not a beer drinker and wondered how it would blend in. It does perfectly, it doesn’t over power the taste, just enhances it. I boiled, to reduce the excess marinade, and served it on the side with grilled mushrooms and a ramen noodle slaw. Raves from all, who also loved the name -- Beersteak! With leftovers that make incredible salads and sandwiches, this is a fabulous recipe. - lapadia —lapadia
- 12 ounces Beer (pref. light in flavor. Lager or kolsch)
- 4 Scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1" pieces Ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- dashes Chile-garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 3 1/2 lb Flank Steak
- Whisk all ingredients, except steak, in a bowl until well mixed.
- Place steak in a gallon-sized freezer bag or large nonreactive container with a tight lid. Pour marinade over steak, lifting it to allow marinade to reach the underside. Refrigerate overnight, turning steak over occasionally.
- Prepare a grill or large cast iron skillet over high heat. Sear steak for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove and tent with foil for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing on the bias, against the grain, about 1/4" thick.
Tequila's Not a One-Hit Wonder
Master the margarita—then go crazy
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Our latest #f52contest.
It's time to travel.
This week's #happylist.
Off to market.