Author Notes: My recipe is based on a Broccoli Salad recipe that my friend Louise gave me. Chances are, you've probably had that Broccoli Salad at a summer barbecue. I decided to tweak it a bit, and make it Fall-appropriate. It'd be nice next to some Thanksgiving roast turkey. Or even the next day, on a turkey sandwich. The dressing is so good, you'll want to eat it by the spoonful. Careful there. I like my salads lightly dressed, so if you think yours is a bit on the dry side, just double the recipe for the dressing. - mrslarkin
Serves 6 - 8
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 10 oz. tubs Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped crisp bacon
- For the dressing, whisk together the mayo, sugar and vinegar, and set aside. The sugar will disolve while you are preparing the salad.
- With a food processor fitted with the slicing disk, slice the Brussels sprouts. Transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, cranberries, pecans and bacon. Toss. Add dressing. Mix well and chill 2 - 5 hours, or serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts