If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While its not hard to recklessly toss away the green tops of daikon radishes & beets when they're store bought, the whole equation changes when you've grown the vegetable yourself or if the produce is fresh & Organic to boot. I've made this dish multiple times with various greens that adorn root vegetables, Home grown Radish, or a bunch of golden beet greens from Whole foods. Its a great way of getting 2 dishes from one produce. A great healthy deal! - Panfusine
- 3 cups chopped radish or beet greens
- 1 medium red onion cut into thin strips
- 2 cups diced Yukon potatoes
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon whole fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- Lemon juice as required
- In a skillet, heat the oil till smoking and add the whole mustard, cumin & fenugreek seeds. when the mustard sputters and the fenugreek turns golden brown, add the onions & saute till soft.
- Add the potatoes along with the salt, turmeric & cayenne. Reduce heat, cover & cook till the potatoes are soft. Sprinkle some water if necessary.
- add the radish greens toss to combine & cover again. Cook for about 5-10 minutes on low heat till the leaves have wilted.
- Sprinkle some sugar & remove from the stove.Drizzle lemon juice & serve with warm roti or tortillas.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls