If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family's restaurant is known for its simple cole slaw.
Years ago, when I worked making sandwiches in the bar, I remember serving it along side of piled high roast beef sandwiches with lots of melting sharp cheddar cheese. What is unexpected it that is made with whipping cream. I love it on sandwiches, but it's sweet tang goes with about anything. It will compliment whatever you serve and it is refreshing in the hot days of summer. The orginal has just a touch of grated carrot in it. I usually skip it, but throw some in if you would like. - MyCommunalTable
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt & pepper, to taste.
- In large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar, vinegar, caraway seeds, and celery seeds. Mix with whipped creme.
- Add shredded cabbage and toss in creamy mixture.
- Taste, then add salt and pepper to your taste. I usually like just a little pepper, but others in my family like a little salt added. Taste and make your own decision.
Tags: cole slaw