If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple condiment...but oh so good. It takes the essence of the chili and smooths it out to a delicious end. - dancing kitchen
- 20 seeded and deveined chili of your choice ( I love the sweetness of jalapeno)
- 2 quarts salted water
- 1/2 cup quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Boil salted water. Add the seeded chili peppers (unless you like nuclear hot then keep them seeded). Boil for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain chili peppers and place in a blender or Cuisinart. Add salt and drizzle in olive oil. This emulsifies and creates a pea green colored dip or condiment. It's lovely on tacos...eggs...anything you'd put hot sauce on. This is excellent with Serrano's, habanero's...the concept works with any pepper. Grab a chip and take a dip...wonderful!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.