Author Notes: This is a simple condiment...but oh so good. It takes the essence of the chili and smooths it out to a delicious end. - dancing kitchen
- 20 seeded and deveined chili of your choice ( I love the sweetness of jalapeno)
- 2 quarts salted water
- 1/2 cup quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Boil salted water. Add the seeded chili peppers (unless you like nuclear hot then keep them seeded). Boil for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain chili peppers and place in a blender or Cuisinart. Add salt and drizzle in olive oil. This emulsifies and creates a pea green colored dip or condiment. It's lovely on tacos...eggs...anything you'd put hot sauce on. This is excellent with Serrano's, habanero's...the concept works with any pepper. Grab a chip and take a dip...wonderful!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe