If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapting the Joy of Pickling's Vietnamese Pickled Carrot and Radish recipe I selected a variety of hot and sweet chili peppers with Vidalia onion to make some pickled toppings perfect for the Banh mi and other grinders. - Sagegreen
Makes 2 pints
- 2/3 pound assorted chili peppers, sweet and hot varieties mixed
- 1/3 pound Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch of Korean chile pepper threads
- Slice the peppers and onions into slivers. Remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers. In a bowl toss the vegetables with the salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then rinse and drain well.
- Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar. Pour over the vegetables. Add the chile threads to the vegetables. Let them stand for 1 hour.
- The pickles are ready to use. Pack in clean glass jars covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator. These will keep for about a week. Drain the liquid off before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.