If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my granddaughter was little, I wanted to introduce her not only to traditional pancakes but to a wider and healthier variety of deferent breakfast cakes. I used to make for her apple, banana, ricotta and also this kind zucchini cakes with a little sugar and cinnamon, and of cause without peppers. We gave all of the pancakes one name “krasavchiki”, what in Russian means “Little Beauties”.
This version of Zucchini cakes is for grownups.
For the Zucchini cakes
- • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- • 1/2 cup flour
- • 2 cups shredded zucchini
- • 2 cups shredded parsnips or carrots
- • 1 whole jalapeno pepper, diced
- • 2 cloves of fresh pressed garlic
- • Zest of 1 lime
- • 2 extra large eggs
- • 1 tablespoon sour cream
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • Canola oil for frying the cakes
For the Creamy Green Chile Sauce
- • 1 cup sour cream
- • 2 tablespoons of diced green chiles
- • 1 tablespoon of diced fresh cilantro
- • 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- • A sprinkle of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
- Wrap zucchini, parsnips, in a damp, clean kitchen towel and squeeze to eliminate as much excess liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl mix the bread crumbs, flour, garlic, eggs, sour cream, lime zest and jalapeno peppers.
- Add squeezed zucchini and parsnips, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To make the sauce; add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set the sauce aside.
- Add enough canola oil to coat the bottom of a sauté pan and let it heat up. Using a small ladle, spoon the batter into the hot pan.
- Cook until each side is a golden brown. It will take approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the cooked cakes on a paper towel to soak up some of the excess oil. Serve immediately with a dollop of sauce on each cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.