If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One night I made my special turkey loaf and realized I had forgotten to buy ingredients for a side dish. In a panic, I checked the fridge; all I had were yams, sour cream, butter and a jar of jalapeños. I ended up mixed them together and now we can't have one without the other. - MariGarrett
Serves 4 +/-
- 2 pounds garnet yams, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chopped jarred jalapeños (measure after chopping)
- Boil yams until tender and can be pierced easily with a fork, about 15 minutes (cooking times may vary).
- While yams are boiling, place the sour cream, garlic powder, ginger powder and the jalapeños in a large mixing bowl, and stir until well mixed.
- Add drained yams to the sour cream mixture, add butter and either mash manually with a potato masher or use a hand mixer, until the yam mixture is mashed to your desired consistency. Enjoy!
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!