If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moonshine + cherries pretty much encompasses it. I wanted to preserve sour cherries in something that had a really high proof and little flavor. Having no vodka on hand, I turned to my husband's stash of white lightening. —Hilarybee
Makes about a quart
- 700 milliliters Grain Alcohol (variously known as moonshine, white lightening, kentucky death, bath tub mash etc)
- 1/4 cup Super Fine Cane Sugar
- 2-21/2 cups Sour Cherries, Pitted
- Combine the pitted cherries and the sugar in a non-reactive mixing bowl. Allow to macerate for about an hour.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the cherries. Combine the cherries with the booze in a large mason jar- but you could use several small jars or another vessel of your choice.
- Allow to sit in a cool, dark place. If the goal is boozy cherries, don't let the mixture sit more than a week. But if you let them go for longer, the liqueur will take on a deep cherry flavor.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.