If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a spicy-sweet take on a chile relleno - no fried, crispy crust here.. Just a soft filling with a kick. The pepper is served with baked chicken, fresh diced tomatoes and a chile peach sauce. - Mike M.
- 6 Poblano peppers
- 1 bunch 8.5 oz box of corn muffin mix
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 Peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 pound Chicken tenders
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Salsa verde
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven preheats, remove the tops and seeds from the peppers and stand them up in a cupcake tin.
- Spread the chicken tenders on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Repeat seasoning/spray on other side.
- Put peppers and tenders in the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg, milk, cheese, onion, honey and cumin.
- After ten minutes, remove the peppers. Flip the tenders and let them continue to bake for 10 more minutes.
- Fill peppers with corn bread mix, almost to the top. Any remaining batter can be put into empty cupcake holes that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Return peppers to the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Filling will puff out of peppers.
- In a food processor, blend peaches, sriracha, a pinch of salt and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Put peach sauce in a pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Cut chicken tenders into chunks. Split among plates, along with diced tomatoes.
- Put one stuffed pepper atop the chicken and tomato mixture. Drizzle with chile peach sauce and salsa verde. Serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.