If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend in my recipe club Just a Pinch, gave me this recipe that was made by her Aunt Sadie.
Every old timey rest here in the South would have a bottle of this on their tables.
You can vary the hot peppers, I have even used the hot Thai peppers, just use at least 2 varieties for color and flavor. - jane mcmillan
Serves many, you just need a teaspoon or so
- 1 pound small ripe, hot peppers. You can use Serrano, Jalepenos, Habeneros, even the Hot Thai pepper, just use a few varieties for color
- 4 cups or just enough to cover cider vinegar and water, equal amounts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Wash and remove stems of the peppers, but do not cut, and put in a sauce pan.
- Add an equal amount of vinegar and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and boil gently for 20 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- Strain the liquid into cheese cloth.
- Put the peppers into pretty bottles, and pour the liquid over them.
- Cap and refrigerate for the best flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe