Author Notes: A friend in my recipe club Just a Pinch, gave me this recipe that was made by her Aunt Sadie.
Every old timey rest here in the South would have a bottle of this on their tables.
You can vary the hot peppers, I have even used the hot Thai peppers, just use at least 2 varieties for color and flavor. - jane mcmillan
Serves many, you just need a teaspoon or so
- 1 pound small ripe, hot peppers. You can use Serrano, Jalepenos, Habeneros, even the Hot Thai pepper, just use a few varieties for color
- 4 cups or just enough to cover cider vinegar and water, equal amounts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Wash and remove stems of the peppers, but do not cut, and put in a sauce pan.
- Add an equal amount of vinegar and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and boil gently for 20 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- Strain the liquid into cheese cloth.
- Put the peppers into pretty bottles, and pour the liquid over them.
- Cap and refrigerate for the best flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe