If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summertime comfort food, perfect after a day of digging in the dirt and planting things and swimming ... - aargersi - aargersi
Food52 Review: All the commenters on this recipe are right—it's wonderful! A perfect summer pasta that is light and easy, but still very satisfying. Be sure to use perfectly ripe corn to get the full effect of sweet corn with smoky bacon and a pop of scallions and lemon. - Stephanie Bourgeois
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 4 cobs of corn
- 4 strips of bacon
- 4 scallions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 basil leaves
- a pinch of fresh marjoram
- zest from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Cut the corn off of the cob, then milk the cobs as well. Thinly slice the scallions, and chop the herbs. ** to milk the cob - set the cob on end in a bowl and run the back side of your knife down it to get the juices and kernel tidbits out - this adds extra corny goodness to your dish! **
- Start a pot of water boiling for the noodles. Cut the bacon into lardons and crisp it in a large skillet. When it is nice and crunchy, remove it to a paper towel and drain all but a thin coating of bacon fat. Put the heat on medium add the butter and the corn to the skillet. Season with a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of pepper.
- Your water should be boiling so put the noodles in, they probably take 6 minutes. Add the corn "milk" and the noodles to the skillet, then toss in the herbs and green onion and the bacon. Zest the lemon into the pan, toss, and serve!!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn off the Cob
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.